The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

I picked out this red knit number at a local upscale resale shop. The original bottom of it was this silly tight band with the bottom gathered around it to make a 'bubble' look which was plain weird. I cut the tight band off the bottom, undid the gathers, and made a plain band instead. I really was hoping to lengthen the dress a bit and add some interest so I made strips of black ponte knit, leftover from another refashion, to sew between the dress hem and bottom band. Not too big of a refashion, but I think what I did was a good save, and I like feeling quite upbeat wearing the results. See the "before" pic and more modern art on my blog at: BTW, the work behind me is "Cell", by Louise Bourgeois, and I hope my puzzled face tells a bit of what I'm thinking.

  • Currently 0/5 stars.

Views: 113

Comment by Dionne G. on March 24, 2013 at 8:22pm

Great idea! I hate that "bubble look," too!  Redone, it's classic!  Great work


You need to be a member of The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle to add comments!

Join The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

© 2021   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service