The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

Here's a space to introduce yourself .

Views: 3759

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love to sew :) Just moved back from Switzerland where a friend gave me an old Singer sewing machine! I had plenty of time on my hands and started sewing; which was very relaxing and enjoyable. (I payed it forward  to a woman with 4 daughters and 1 son; she loved to sew and couldn't bring her machine with her when she moved from Pakistan to Switzerland. ) Recently, my wonderful mother (who can sew like a dream) bought me a brand new machine and I am loving it! I'm here looking for new ideas, fun things to sew, and tips people may wish to share. Thanks so much!
Hi, Kathleen,

Welcome, I too am a newcomer to this group and have already been inspired by the beautiful projects. Not everyone finds sewing relaxing, but I do, just as you do.

Also welcome back to the states. Hope you're having fun settling in with your new machine...regards, Nancy

Hi everyone, sewing can be a lonely activity so I'm glad to find a community! I run SoundStitches sewing blog and also SewingStarter.com, a resource for new sewers. I'd rather sew than cook, or clean or just about anything. Talking about sewing is also good! Thanks for your site!

Hi Kris,

welcome to sew weekly..  I too love sewing, and agree totally..it is sooooooooooo much better than cooking, or cleaning.lol

Hope you enjoy  and look forward to  seeing what you make. Happy sewing,

Hi 

My name is Juliette. I am a fashion lover, seamstress and a blogger. I grew up in  Tallinn, Estonia but now I live in the sunny South East of Ireland, a small town called Courtown (near Gorey).

I love dressmaking, although I am not very keen on vintage. I like more contemporary styles, but I do have a lot of time for the past trends and influences. I am absolutely hooked on patterns Burda Style Magazines , but I also love Patrones and Manequim sewing magazines. I don't normally buy commercial patterns. You can see some of my creations on my profile. 

Please visit and follow my blog (Sewing and Style Den)  

Hi Juliette - Welcome. I too am a lover of the Burda magazine but I must say your output has been a heck of a lot more than mine. So many beautiful garments. Happy Sewing.

Hi Juliette, Welcome to sew weekly.. Happy sewing.

Hello!  I'm Ann. I've been following the Sew Weekly and lurking around the circle, enjoying the fabulous projects for a few months now, so I decided it was time to take the plunge and join in.

I taught myself to sew on my mother's antique Singer (early 20s), when I was a kid. Since then I've dabbled in sewing on and off, and vintage sewing machines keep finding their way to me. The aforementioned Singer is now my computer desk, and two other sewing machines and a serger are vying for space in my tiny apartment. I may have a problem.

But my loving relationship with weird old things isn't exactly new! I'm a museum educator (by day, sewist by night?) in a historic house set in the interwar period. My job has led to an interest in interwar and midcentury clothes, and with that has come a new enthusiasm for sewing. For the past few months I've been experimenting with vintage reprint patterns.

Right now I'm working on Vintage Vogue 8767. If I can pull it off, it will be the firs thing I post here!

Thanks for having me, I'm excited to be here...

Welcome Ann - I've just had a peak at the Vogue 8767 and what a great pattern. We look forward to seeing how it turns out. My house is not so tiny but I'm still managing to fill it up with sewing machines too (and record players - go figure). Happy Sewing :-)

Hi Ann, welcome to sew weekly..

Look forward to seeing your vogue 8767..Love that pattern. Happy sewing.

Hi all!

I keep bumping into this forum in other forums and thought I should just join up! I am really impressed by the online sewing communities that have popped up and really enjoy checking out what other people are working on.

I'm a long-time stitcher, returning to sewing after a long break. I also crochet, embroider and do beadwork in turns. But, I've tucked that stuff away for the moment, to concentrate on sewing for a time.

I used to wear a tremendous amount of vintage when I was younger. I am still interested in vintage design but, I am not stuck in any particular period and am likely to use a modern pattern if it strikes my fancy. I taught myself to draft many years ago and plan on revisiting that to relearn what I've forgotten and improve my skills.

My machine of choice is a 1905 Singer model #27 although I have a treadle that I have used on occasion, a Singer industrial and a pair of sergers. I also like to do hand sewing when it's called for.

If you care to check out my blog, it's here: wundermary says.

Enough about me; I am really excited about getting involved in some of the weekly challenges!

Hey there - Welcome Wundermary - very cool old car on your website  :-D Can't wait to see what you come put with for the challenges - there's some good ones coming up. Cheers and Happy Sewing.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service