Yes, you heard me right, they are growing... And here I thought I was pushing it by cutting the pants in a size 38 (a US size 8) which usually fits my bottom half everywhere except my waist... on a skinny day. So anyway, I cut the size 38 but added two inches in the waist. After the second, third and fourth fitting I think I altogether had removed five. Then I added the waistband and tried them on... too big again! Crazy!
Fabric: Vintage corduroy bought online for about 6$
Pattern: Simplicity 5517
Notions: Two buttons and a zipper from stash, as far as I can remember they barely cost me anything!
Time to complete: 6 hours
First worn: September 2011
Wear again? Definitely
Total Cost: About 6$
For now, they look... ok-ish I think. I really hope they are not going to grow anymore, because with this type of pants, taking them in after finishing them seems "a bit" complicated. It's the pockets, if I try to fit the pants better the pockets will go wonky. Not that the pants aren't already a bit wonky, putting the zipper in made one front side wider than the other. But, like I said before, sewing complicated pants for the first time when the pattern instructions are missing: great fun.The pants are really super comfy though, so that's the upside to them growing.
© 2023 Created by Mena Trott. Powered by
You need to be a member of The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle to add comments!
Join The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle