Black cotton Sateen, made from Simplicity 6933- a 1966 Mod dress pattern.
I also used red thread to pick out the front flat fell seam.. It's a really nice but simple detail, I really like the seaming.
I made up a dickey piece with a front slit for sexiness, shortened the skirt and made a cummerbund belt. The dress was made for Frock Out, a sewists' craft night I hosted at Piece Together in Brisbane- so the idea of the dress was part ringmaster, part butler...
It's a really comfy dress (thank you, whiff of lyra!). It's important to me to be able to put on my clothes (even cute dresses) and immediately forget about them.
The Tux Dress on Sew Weekly