I wanted to make the hard silhouette of the 80's 'ugly' pattern a bit more feminine. I junked the ginormous sleeves and kept the remaining outline of the shoulders and neckline. I used another ok but 'plain' pattern for the main body of the dress which softly flares out at the bottom. I've been wanting to use up this fabric for ages. I found it on Cambridge Market for £2.50 in a heap of remnants. It looks like something from the late 60's or early 70's, though it may just be a modern version. The daisy trim I've used to soften the neckline cost more than the fabric! But, I think it sets things off and provides the right finishing touch. I'm glad of this dress to wear now the warmer spring weather seems to be here!