My first Sew Weekly challenge! These are a free download from the burdastyle website by member JJ (http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/knit-culottes), made from fabric.com's organic cotton jersey (which is SO soft), stenciled and relief appliqued following the method in the Alabama Studio Syle book, with a couple of beads added for good measure. I had made a pair these before, but with a lyrca blend fabric, so I found that with this pair, I had to add to take them in a couple of inches at the waist and add elastic at the waist seam. Overall, these are super easy to make, and I would highly recommend the pattern. I love that they are comfy like sweatpants, but look like a skirt.
I'm debating what to do for the hem--I kind of like the unfinished rolled edges, but it might just be that I'm lazy. I'm also planning to hand stitch around the leaves and then cut out most of the leaves (reverse applique) so that the green fabric layer shows through.