This dress was made using Vintage Vogue 8811 pattern, and was very easy to sew together. Here is a back view that shows the neckline opening and button placket detail at the neck. I used a vintage button from my inherited stash for the closure.
It is the perfect swing dancing dress with its full, bias skirt. I used a soft vintage bed sheet for the dress fabric, and some polyester from a bed skirt for the dress lining. Altogether, the dress cost about $5 or less - what a great deal! The sizing for V8811 was right on and I didn't need to do any altering. I even found an easy trick to make sewing this dress easier (it makes up for time spent to hem the wide skirt bottom). See my blog for more pictures and details http://circle.sewweekly.com/profiles/blogs/in-the-mood-to-swing-in-my-1940-floral-bed-sheet-dress