Black cotton Sateen, made from Simplicity 6933- a 1966 Mod dress pattern.
I also used red thread to pick out the front flat fell seam.. It's a really nice but simple detail, I really like the seaming.
<a href="http://3hourspast.com/2012/05/22/tux-dress-details-facings-mitering-lace-and-dickeying-around/">I made up a dickey piece</a> with a front slit for sexiness, shortened the skirt and made a <a href="http://3hourspast.com/2012/05/28/pictutorial-making-a-cummerbund-belt/">cummerbund belt.</a> The dress was made for Frock Out, a sewists' craft night I hosted at <a href="http://www.piecetogether.com.au/">Piece Together</a> in Brisbane- so the idea of the dress was part ringmaster, part butler...
It's a really comfy dress (thank you, whiff of lyra!). It's important to me to be able to put on my clothes (even cute dresses) and immediately forget about them.
<a href="http://www.sewweekly.com/2012/05/the-tux-dress/">The Tux Dress</a> on Sew Weekly
You can share this photo in two ways…
Share this link:
Send it with your computer's email program: Email this