The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

Well ladies, I don't know about you, but I've been following the outcomes of the A Common Thread Project and kinda wishing I could be a part of it, too!  The idea of getting something pretty in the mail from another crafty lady somewhere else in the world and then incorporating it into an outfit holds a lot of appeal.  :-)  Kind of like reinforcing that whole sewing community thing by making a garment that someone else contributed to.

So I've been thinking, and what I was thinking was - how about we do something similar via the Sewing Circle community?  What if those of us who were interested put our (virtual) hands up, and we then did a little out-of-the-hat draw and each of us sent some lace or pretty ribbon or nice buttons or similar to the person whose name we get given.  And then we can each make a garment incorporating what we receive in the mail from someone else in the circle!  Kind of like one big, happy, swapping circle of pretty sewing notions.

What do you think?  Would you be interested?  I'm happy to do the organising (i.e. collect names/addresses, do a random allocation and let everyone know who they're allocated to send something to) if people are keen.

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yay!

hello all

I am off on my travels tomorrow for a week ... I have sent my envelope, hope the recipient like it... have fun, I will be back next week to find out how you are all getting on xx

Have fun Charolette and hope you have lots of fun and get some rest..
I've just sent my little package off in the post, I waved to it and wished it a safe journey and hopefully the recipient will like it!  I've really enjoyed doing this!  One small thing though, I did put a note in with it and revealed my identity as didn't read the post where it said not to tell until everyone's got theirs who sent what...oops!  Sorry!  Wonder who will get theirs first?
Mine's gone too now!  Safe journey - it has a long way to go...  I'm afraid I put a note in there too!  Didn't realise it was meant to be a secret - didn't read the post properly, sorry in advance!
I didn't do anonymous either - I read the post to mean don't tell the person before the envelope arrives. My post office said I had to have my name on it anyway as it is also going on a long journey :)
 I ended up putting my  name on envelope too. and also a note... So..  I think we all did it.ha  Cant wait to see who gets theirs first..Lots of excitement.
yes mines in the post! My envelope looks rather big, but I put it ina bigger jiffy style envelope because it has sooooo far to go!
I am heading to the post office now :)  I hope my person *wink wink* enjoys her envelope!!
sent mine off this morning! Note enclosed. The reveal is part of the fun, I think.
Are we all planning to post pictures of what we get as well as what we make?
I think that sounds like a really fun idea! I say let's post!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service