The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

Well ladies, I don't know about you, but I've been following the outcomes of the A Common Thread Project and kinda wishing I could be a part of it, too!  The idea of getting something pretty in the mail from another crafty lady somewhere else in the world and then incorporating it into an outfit holds a lot of appeal.  :-)  Kind of like reinforcing that whole sewing community thing by making a garment that someone else contributed to.

So I've been thinking, and what I was thinking was - how about we do something similar via the Sewing Circle community?  What if those of us who were interested put our (virtual) hands up, and we then did a little out-of-the-hat draw and each of us sent some lace or pretty ribbon or nice buttons or similar to the person whose name we get given.  And then we can each make a garment incorporating what we receive in the mail from someone else in the circle!  Kind of like one big, happy, swapping circle of pretty sewing notions.

What do you think?  Would you be interested?  I'm happy to do the organising (i.e. collect names/addresses, do a random allocation and let everyone know who they're allocated to send something to) if people are keen.

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That'd be great, as I really would like to be more involved in this group. It seems like a great way to create some fellowship, as it were. :)
Excellent idea!!! Count me in too!

Count me in too please!  I'm doing a swap with my sewing buddy whom I met through the Whipstitch sewing buddy project, we're swapping handmade bags and am eagerly awaiting for them to arrive! 

Tried to email you my address but it says we have to be friends first!

What a great idea! I'd love to partecipate, it's the perfect excuse to go from being a lurker to joining in...and maybe try out one of those Hollywood patterns, who knows.
im counting the days to get the address to send this envelope....
Hey there lovely ladies!  If you're keen to take part in the travelling lace and notions exchange and haven't sent me your address details yet, please make sure you do so before the end of tomorrow (Wednesday).  I'll be doing the names draw on Thursday and will email you all details of who you're sending an exciting envelope of lovely stuff to then!  :-)

Oooooh,...... I can't wait for my name... I think the waiting is as exciting as the  doing.hahaha

hi judy, me too... I already made my envelope ! eheheh
hello Judy and Rachel, I know, isn't this fun, I have made my envelope too! I am soooo excited waiting to find out who I am going to send it to ;0)

Hi Racheal or Charolette..

just checking on the envelope size?? you said a plain envelope.. In the USA, we have  what we call a manilla envelope [it is 11 inches x 13 inches] or  we have a plain white letter envelope that is [I guess 3 inches x 6 or 7 inches , that you mail letters in] Which one are you talking about.. Want to be sure ,I do the right thing..

thanks for your help..

mine its a 9 inc-6.5 inc brown envelope !
I've got lots of bits and pieces ready to send ...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service