The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

Well ladies, I don't know about you, but I've been following the outcomes of the A Common Thread Project and kinda wishing I could be a part of it, too!  The idea of getting something pretty in the mail from another crafty lady somewhere else in the world and then incorporating it into an outfit holds a lot of appeal.  :-)  Kind of like reinforcing that whole sewing community thing by making a garment that someone else contributed to.

So I've been thinking, and what I was thinking was - how about we do something similar via the Sewing Circle community?  What if those of us who were interested put our (virtual) hands up, and we then did a little out-of-the-hat draw and each of us sent some lace or pretty ribbon or nice buttons or similar to the person whose name we get given.  And then we can each make a garment incorporating what we receive in the mail from someone else in the circle!  Kind of like one big, happy, swapping circle of pretty sewing notions.

What do you think?  Would you be interested?  I'm happy to do the organising (i.e. collect names/addresses, do a random allocation and let everyone know who they're allocated to send something to) if people are keen.

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh Kat, this sounds wonderful.. The dates are great for me..no problems..and I love,love the idea of not knowing who got your name ,until the package/envelope arrives. fun, fun.. I will be wondering every day, who got my name... and I will be dying ,trying to keep the secret of whose name I have.ha I  will send you my adress, as soon as I finish supper.. thankyou so much for thinking of this.

Sounds like a plan ! Im happy with this... cannot wait to choose what to send !!! You got my address already. Do you need anything else? emails etc?? 
Excellent!
really well thought out Kat. Brilliant!
Sounds good - I've already sent my address re: the pattern giveaway.

That all sounds great Kat, I think you are very clever to think of the envelope - that way we can't get carried away, plus it's a cool challenge puttting together a happy envelope to send to someone ;0)

Thanks for organising this, I am really looking forward to taking part and thinking very hard about what I can fit into an envelope!

Cx

Count me in as well.
Sounds like fun - Put my name down too.
Count me in, let me know what the next step is :-)
Hi Deb, next step is to send me your address.  :-)
Sounds like a plan to me and so much fun! Kat I'll get you my info shortly!
Oh yes, please count me in!  What a fabulous idea, Kat!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service