The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

Well ladies, I don't know about you, but I've been following the outcomes of the A Common Thread Project and kinda wishing I could be a part of it, too!  The idea of getting something pretty in the mail from another crafty lady somewhere else in the world and then incorporating it into an outfit holds a lot of appeal.  :-)  Kind of like reinforcing that whole sewing community thing by making a garment that someone else contributed to.

So I've been thinking, and what I was thinking was - how about we do something similar via the Sewing Circle community?  What if those of us who were interested put our (virtual) hands up, and we then did a little out-of-the-hat draw and each of us sent some lace or pretty ribbon or nice buttons or similar to the person whose name we get given.  And then we can each make a garment incorporating what we receive in the mail from someone else in the circle!  Kind of like one big, happy, swapping circle of pretty sewing notions.

What do you think?  Would you be interested?  I'm happy to do the organising (i.e. collect names/addresses, do a random allocation and let everyone know who they're allocated to send something to) if people are keen.

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is a very yummy package! I love Cath Kidson, but can't find her here in the US so I just watch her from the internet!
How nice.. Know you were happy to recieve..
Came home after a emotionally wobbly evening, only to find this wonderful package from Deb! I almost cried I was so overwhelmed by this amazing set of notions! Thanks Deb for making my heart all swollen to burst!
What pretty trims and stuff..So proud it arrived on a 'yuky'  day.. What fun the traveling lace has  been.
there is loads of great stuff there,  I love all of it!
You are so welcome! I'm so happy that they arrived on a day that needed brightening, I hope you can put them to good use.

Magpie Mimi, you are my new best friend!  I love everything you sent me!!!

The trims, the buttons, the beads, and the brooch - they made my heart so happy, I almost cried.  I cannot tell you how much your kindness meant to me yesterday!!! 

Magpie Mimi, you are the best!

looks at those lovely sparkles!
Oh , How pretty.. Love the brooch. And what a  great idea that she wrote and explained it all to you. So thoughtful... Proud it came ,when you needed it.. That makes for a wonderful day..
Yay it arrived!  Was beginning to think it got lost!  Glad you really liked everything, tried to get a good mixture of bits to keep you entertained!

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much Amanda for the generous parcel! the card was so sweet!  And thanks for the extra 'bonus' goodies:

I ADORE the pattern! And I got a few Scottish goodies (thread made in Scotland) and these adorable tiny thistle buttons:

Thanks again Amanda!

Oooh, all the way from Scotland, how exciting!  A beautiful parcel to receive you must still be smiling.  Lovely items you have included Amanda, you must have had so much fun sending these on to their new home.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service