The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

Well ladies, I don't know about you, but I've been following the outcomes of the A Common Thread Project and kinda wishing I could be a part of it, too!  The idea of getting something pretty in the mail from another crafty lady somewhere else in the world and then incorporating it into an outfit holds a lot of appeal.  :-)  Kind of like reinforcing that whole sewing community thing by making a garment that someone else contributed to.

So I've been thinking, and what I was thinking was - how about we do something similar via the Sewing Circle community?  What if those of us who were interested put our (virtual) hands up, and we then did a little out-of-the-hat draw and each of us sent some lace or pretty ribbon or nice buttons or similar to the person whose name we get given.  And then we can each make a garment incorporating what we receive in the mail from someone else in the circle!  Kind of like one big, happy, swapping circle of pretty sewing notions.

What do you think?  Would you be interested?  I'm happy to do the organising (i.e. collect names/addresses, do a random allocation and let everyone know who they're allocated to send something to) if people are keen.

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right now my visions are for the belt buckle...I see it used with a sash:)
Oh, How pretty.. I love it all. The pink ribbon is just gorgeous.. Great selection Jen.
ooh, fun! can't wait to see what you do with all this loveliness!
soooo pretty!
That's lovely - I think Kat deserves a big thank you for organising all this for us.

I agree...THANK  YOU  KAT!!! 

we have all had so much fun.. and cant wait to see the pictures posted.. Again,thankyou.

Ditto! Kat you came up with a brilliant idea and made it happen! Thank you so very much! This has been so much fun!

My thanks too. It's loads of fun doing something like this, especially when someone else organises it all. Cheers!

I agree too. Kat, Thank you for organizing this !!!

I have just received my parcel! A very big thank you to Dianne (Marguerite Designs) who has overwhelmed me with her generous gift. Here is is:

In summary, there are:
2x pieces of felt (red and orange)

5x squares of brightly patterned fabric

3x packets of buttons

5x different kinds of trim (ric rac, metallic lace, elastic lace, red ribbon, pink edging)

2x lace embellishment pieces

Thank you very, very much Dianne - now I'll have to get thinking about all the different ways I could use this! 

Glad you like it Amanda - I really wasn't sure how much to put in and erred on the side of too much probably...hope you don't mind.  I also didn't know if you wanted to be 'bright and breezy' or more subtle, so there's a bit of both in there ...  Anyway, I hope you have fun with it all!  That's the overall intention!  Glad it got there too ... 
Thanks again Dianne, you've compiled an amazing range of bright and subtle! I was really excited to get some things that look UK specific - I've never seen Cath Kidson notions before (though I've heard she has shops in England. Those buttons are so darn cute!) and I've never seen the brand John Lewis before either. I will definitely have fun... using notions in sewing is new to me so I'm excited to give it a go

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service