The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

i saw mena's post on september's gatsby meet up, and thought it would be fun to meet up in our various locations across the world on the same day!

i'm up for organizing an NYC meet... anyone care to join, or start your own in your corner of the world?

Views: 255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh the mention of winter! It's barely summer but I know it goes by quickly!

I'm sitting in Minneapolis...boo..no one out there! But it all sounds like a lot of fun!
Oh, yes, yes, yes! And this can make up for the forgotten New England meet-up post.
Who else is going to be attending the actual Gatsby Summer Afternoon in San Francisco?  And, can we all share updates on our sewing progress as we get ready for the picnics across the globe?
I could be be easily convinced to come up to NYC for the day...
So Oona, are you definitely going to organize this? Because I pretty much went out the other day and thrifted a dress that I am going to deconstruct/alter for this if it happens.

yes girl i am TOTALLY on it!  was thinking; saturday the 10th might be a more fitting day for the shindig. what with it being the tenth anniversary of 9-11 and all.  a group of frolicking ladies done up in 20's garb might be a little out of place that sunday...

and also if we do it on the 10th, there's still a weekend day for those tat travel to get back home & relax before the week begins anew.

Agreed.
Makes sense, though I may have to skip bc I have a wedding on the 10th. :( It's not confirmed though, so I'll see what I can find out. I may still try to get up there on the 11th, though the 10-yr anniversary deal my convince me otherwise. :T

well, i just got some cool news but it TOTALLY wrecks gatsby for me.... ARGH!

ruggy & i are headed up to banff for work, from sept 4 through the 19th.  we got the news the day after i was scoping out central park locations!

so. yay, but booooooo.

does anyone want to take over planning the NYC meetup?  i'm happy to do a postponed picnic the weekend after we get back, but i think that may spoil the whole around-the-world picnic idea. totally up to y'all new-yorkers....

Did you have a head count yet? (Just curious). Because maybe the next weekend would work better for everyone else as well? It would for me.

so far as i can tell from the replies, we've got:

nina hall

seeks corey

vicki muse

katelyn

amanda d

if y'all want to do it later, i could organize on the 24th or 25th, but i totally understand if you want to keep it earlier!

I've only been to NY once, so I couldn't host it (have you tried Peter? He was supposed to email you). But if people didn't mind moving I could do it in Newport, which was where Gatsby was filmed.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service