The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

Do you have a tried and true pattern? One that you have made again and again? I don't have one yet, but my top pattern from this week is turning out to be a winner and I feel like more of them will be in the works in the future!

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice pattern Sarah - I'm looking forward to seeing what you are doing with that! It's good to know what works well, I am looking for a top pattern so I may invest. 

I have only made about five or six things so far and not one is a repeat, but last week I made the crepe dress by Colette patterns so I will be dusting that off again next week. I always intended making it again, maybe not so soon though ;0) It was an easy make but uses alot of material.

I love the crepe, but yes it totally uses a ton of materials! I was surprised about how much materials it uses!

its a very cute pattern... answering your question... no.. didnt find that special pattern yet.

I love the Pendrell blouse and I'm really looking forward to the new pattern from Sewaholic.  Tasia's patterns are the only modern ones I buy for me.   I have a two go-to patterns: Butterick 2235,and McCall's 5451.

Whoa! They have a new pattern coming out? Can't wait to see what it is!
I love the McCalls 5451 - I might have to give it a try!  Thanks for the recommendation.

There are 2 patterns that I have used since starting the Sew Weekly challenges that I think will become favourites - McCalls M6163 and Simplicity 2586 - which I have made twice already.

I have that simplicity one, but was worries about how short it is - how's the length on a real person? I always wonder how tall the models are and even though finished length says it's long enough to hit my knee, I'm still skeptical for some reason!
That one looks easy enough to lengthen Sarah. I'm with you. Everything must hit my knee!
I did lengthen the pattern as it is a little too short for me - but that was very easy, and the dress makes up quickly

My "go to" pattern for little girls seems to be the "Sweet Pocket Pinafore"dress/top by Heidi & Finn.  I've made it about five or six times for friends/nieces of people at work - the bonus is that it's really quick and with a little bit of hand sewing you can make it reversible!

The skirt pattern from Butterick 2542 is one I've used a few times now - it's a simple pencil skirt pattern, great for small pieces of vintage fabric.

Still looking for that favourite dress pattern though....

Aww! The dress is so cute and oh my goodness I love the Butterick illustrations; all those women look like Audrey Hepburn in Charade - very cool!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service