The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

Some of us have started saying we'd like a UK meet up.... sooooo, who is interested? And where do you live? And are you willing to travel???????

I have just looked at the rail map of the uk, we could meet centrally somewhere, sometime this summer? We seem to have people from Edinburgh to Devon....

I'll start, I live in Lincolnshire, I can travel within reason (!), but I need some time to organise babysitting ;0) I would LOVE to meet some of the people I have met online and chat about sewing...

Who's in?

Views: 379

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That all sounds great to me! I think they have a really nice open courtyard near the cafe that might look good. Also, we might have to check about taking photos in the museum - I used to look after photography needs in one and special permission had to be gained to take photos in galleries - rules about the use of flash etc ... Probably worth checking beforehand.

The Courtyard is really lovely in the middle with the sculpture pond! The museum don't allow any flash and in the Exhibitions that you pay for you are not allowed to take ANY pictures but you are allowed to sketch.

I have been told off countless times :P 

The Front of the building is also great for photos but you could be right about it being a busy saturday.

i agree the middle is just lovely on a nice sunny day!

Is this the courtyard you mean for the photos? It's lovely ....

Not sure from the outside - have only seen it from the inside out!
WOW... This is gorgeous.. I can just see you girl in Red, white and blue .What a fantastic picture..[of course, if this is where you end up taking pictures?].. Have fun.
oooohhhh! So pretty!  I'll bring my tripod just in case (it's super portable).... :-)
Yes That is the courtyard in the middle of the building, where the person is stood is a little pop up cafe.

anyone already working on their outfit??? Surprise or will share the pattern???

I have cut the fabric on my top and Im looking for the perfect fabric for my skirt....

how exciting! I have downloaded the Horrockses pattern but I have a feeling it will be beyond me....
I looked this up and now am obsessed with making it. Please post your creation if you make it!

UK girls, we are very lucky to have a generous US friend.... Judy has sent us a present for our meet! She has generously sent us a parcel to have a draw for on the day which arrived at my house today. I am so excited, she has given me permission to open it and this is what is in it:

some lovely fabric and buttons and such a lovely vintage pattern (with a large bust size! hooray!)... I am so glad Judy has had some luck this week, it is karma. She deserves it.

Thanks so much Judy and although it isn't as good as having you with us we will definitely be thinking of you at the meet!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service