The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

Some of us have started saying we'd like a UK meet up.... sooooo, who is interested? And where do you live? And are you willing to travel???????

I have just looked at the rail map of the uk, we could meet centrally somewhere, sometime this summer? We seem to have people from Edinburgh to Devon....

I'll start, I live in Lincolnshire, I can travel within reason (!), but I need some time to organise babysitting ;0) I would LOVE to meet some of the people I have met online and chat about sewing...

Who's in?

Views: 439

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

blue or a print ( like flowers)

blue gets my vote too - or we could suggest red white and blue for London (or is that a bit silly?)

We've already done green, pink/red so blue seems like a good one....

forgot to say, 11:30 at the V and A works for me too, followed by a finish for us to get trains at 6. Perfect.

Can we say meet at the V and A at 11:30 then?

Wow, just seen this thread (thanks for the heads-up Debi!).  I am definitely in.  I went along to the meetup organised by Karen from Did you Make That, and it was so much fun! 

Charlotte, I really like the red/white/blue idea for London - literally flying (wearing) the flag for the UK.  It would certainly get us noticed :)

Thanks Amy, great to have you on board! I am sooooo looking forward to it....

I must admit, I was sneakily thinking that even if we went for blue I might do red and white accessories..... then I thought I might be being a bit silly, so I am glad you like my idea! x

I've already got a red, white and blue accessory haven't I!  Not that it will be on view!  Also, 11.30 would be fine for me at the V&A.  Remembering the last time I was there, it did take at least half an hour to get there from King's Cross.  There is a bit of a walk through a tunnel from the tube to the museum.  
pmsl how could I have forgotten about the bloomers! You MUST wear them whatever we decide, tee hee

Well Marguerite... You have your RED/WHITE/BLUE  allready sewed..[bloomers].. Your ahead of the gang,...ha,ha,ha...

We will all be anxiously awaiting... pictures of ALL the red,white and blue garments..

Sorry....couldnt resist teasing you... have fun ladies..

Girls, I have to admit i dont like blue/red/white...combination... I will make some blue and  assesorize !!! hope its ok !
to be honest I was thinking the same thing Rachel - make something one or two of the three colours and accessorise for the theme....
Debi put me onto this too and it looks like I should be able to make it. I've been itching to get out for some fabric shopping in London so this seems like the perfect opportunity!
Fab! Glad you are both in!!  I like the red, white and blue idea too as there is so many ways each person could interpret that!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service