The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

From the discussion over here, I can tell you ladies love talking about ugly patterns! Since it's so much fun, let's make it a contest: In this thread, post an image of the ugliest pattern envelope you can find. I'll pick the winner based on my completely objective tastes. The winner will receive a definitely non-ugly pattern from my stash (I'll hopefully have the right size for you).

Get going and let's see some heinous patterns!

Views: 2858

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Crazily enough, there's actually something about this one I kinda like....  (Although not in any of those print combinations!)
It's a Mrs. Roper (from Three's Company- 80's sitcom) outfit for sure!
Neither am I - am currently listening to a boxed set of the electronic 80's with allsorts of 'uncool' things on it. I'm really loving remembering everything.
This was supposed to be underneath Charlotte P B's comment about 80's music! I don't know what's happenin with my replies!

So, I'm pretty sure a mid-length dress from this pattern would be nice, but that maxi-length bright white shiny polyester is pretty hideous. The drawn chicks on the left look like they are whispering about and laughing at the person holding the envelope, as if to say, "Oh, please! You could never pull off this dress in a million years, so why buy this pattern?" However, I fully intend to make this dress at some point . . . though probably not in near-metallic white with so obvious a seam down the front!
I think a mid-length dress would be very pretty too! Shiny polyester? Not so much. But she does strike me as very Charlies Angels. Maybe she's on a secret mission, and the dress is purposefully shiny so as to confuse the enemy. Blind them, actually.
I agree with the person who circled no.2 that it is the best one of the 3. I think it might look really nice actually! The maxi dress is disgusting though.
At first, I was all about the dresses, and then you directed my attention to the white shiny polyester pretty hideous thing. wow.
Yeah, the shorter lengths are giving me a definite 40's vibe, and could probably be cute. But that white is awful...
I have no idea why I bought this. I like how she is doing a wide legged stance to  show off the width of the skirt....
I love it. I can't help it! I would wear that right this instant if it were in my closet. Charlotte, you're so lucky!

tee hee, I'd love to see that!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service