The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

From the discussion over here, I can tell you ladies love talking about ugly patterns! Since it's so much fun, let's make it a contest: In this thread, post an image of the ugliest pattern envelope you can find. I'll pick the winner based on my completely objective tastes. The winner will receive a definitely non-ugly pattern from my stash (I'll hopefully have the right size for you).

Get going and let's see some heinous patterns!

Views: 2858

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've got such a modest collection of patterns that I don't have anything bad. If you'd said knitting patterns though, I've got a few!

Look forward to seeing some ugly pictures...

Is it a jumpsuit? Shorts? Why are the models' heads so small? And is that a growth sprouting from the purple woman's head? Regardless of what you call it, ladies, it's 100% velour. 

My Grammy sewed a hundred of these fuzzy numbers for my aunt who lived in Florida. Who probably still wears them today. (bless her heart)

I think the horror of the pattern envelope combined with the fact that I actually KNOW the person who wore it should make me a contest winner. (This is the most fun I've had all day!)

omg! Hilarious!
ha ha ha, i love the purple jogging version! Just imagined myself running in something similar, lol!
Oh this is sooooo funny.. Enjoyed your story..
I love the fact one of them is circled, was that you ?
That was my Grammy, per Aunt Fyrne's request. For a long number of years, my mother and Aunt Fyrne would give her the fabric and pattern, write their names at the top with the view they wanted. Grammy was like a one woman sweat shop. I've inherited all her patterns, and I was horrified by the 80's patterns that had MY name on them. Luckily this one wasn't my idea at all.
HA!  Love it!
OK, I'll kick off from the UK ... check out the shoulders on the left hand side one!  This was given to me last week!  My friend's sister actually wore it in the 80's!
this is ace.... but I actually quite like it! I am still a teenager of the eighties at heart.... I can see myself in this at the youth club disco dancing to Bros - those were the days ;0)
I was more into indie things and Mancunian stuff like New Order.  Also liked Teardrop Explodes and Aztec Camera! 
I'm with you marguerite. although I like old pop now! just not so snobby about my music these days. I have always been a massive cure fan .

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service