The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

Do you have suggestions for upcoming Sew Weekly themes? Let us know here.

Views: 2392

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would love a stretch project, not as in the fabric but taking on a pattern that would really push me. I would even say to push the challenge out to a two week period to share thoughts and plans and seek advises if needed.

Me too... totally scared to use strech fabric

Since we have been in a movie vein - Audrey Hepburn

I have no idea how everyone thinks of so many theme ideas, I would run out after a month!

I like the nightwear idea, pyjamas are pretty much the only thing I have managed to sew so far, but they fit really well and are super comfy.

A Dior theme would be nice, maybe charting some of their influences on post-war fashion?  I am hoping to try make some lingerie too, but I'm not sure about posting pictures! hehe

A non-clothing theme could be interesting, maybe home furnishings or accessories like handbags.  I would love to see a 'Stepford Wives' theme, although having to do all of the household chores would be optional!

Cutting into my Pakistan fabric gave me the idea of a theme based on a garment from another culture?
Make this look week
Applique or quilting details
I second a Make this Look week!
I'm new here so maybe this is a common suggestion, but I always love the inspired by artwork' PR challenges. I'm particularly inspired by Andrew Wyeth these days. Specifically 'Curtain Call' 'Snow Hill' and 'First Snow' but I'd have a hard time picking just one.

I just love Christina's world!

Circus?

Hi Mena:

After sewing for many, many years, I've finally purchased a Serger. How about "Projects we can do with a Serger?"

RSS

© 2019   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service