The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

Even though we're not sewing with a strictly defined theme this week, the stash busting theme does lend itself to some fun community participation opportunities: a stash busting game! We'll be tracking our progress this week at The Sewing Circle, so be sure to check out this thread.

So how does this all work? As a motivation to dive into that stash and get sewing, we're going to award points to our creations sewn THIS WEEK based on these guidelines:

• 5 points per yard of fabric used
  • 10 points for fabric being vintage, thrifted or upcycled
  • 3 points for every pattern used that you've never sewn before
  • 10 points for using a pattern/fabric you've had for more than a year
  • 20 points for integrating a SCRAP (not a piece of fabric you cut) less than 1/2 yard into your garment

Don't forget to include photos!

At the end of the week, we'll total our points up and see who really tore through their sewing room. And of course, the Top Stash Buster gets a prize. It's all honor system, but I know you all are a trust-worthy crowd. 

Ok, let's get sewing!

Views: 733

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Very pretty!

OOHH! The red is stunning and now I am addicted to Polyvore. How did I make it so long without knowing about this site!
I seem to be drawn to red dresses at the moment. This is lovely looks really elegant.
Very cute! Hope to see the completed dress on you:)
You chose a wonderful model with a beautiful fabric, I'll be on the lookout to see it finished ...
I've just had a preview on next weeks challenge, and you seem to have managed two weeks in one, how very clever !
Ooooo - love the color and style!  Great work!
It's great that we have the weekend to take photos! Thanks!

Phew, you are all so fast! I'm still in the planning phase ... and I am sure that I will not be able to do all of the challenges and to finish them all in one week (wipes sweat from her brow).

I'll make a 50ies outdoor jacket from a German pattern magazine from a greenblue thick wool flanell.

The flannel has been in my stash for at least 3 years and I never made the pattern before.

So, let's see:

2.5 yards of fabric -> 12.5 points

does lining count as separate yardage? If yes:

2.5 yards of lining -> 12.5 points

"new" pattern -> 3 points

"old" fabric -> 10 points

pattern is in my collection since ... forever -> 10 points

I am not sure that I get the SCRAP-part. If I integrate for example a different scrap piece of lining or fabric which is a leftover from another project, is that what you mean?

wow! I can't wait to see the finished item!
What a fantastic pattern!  I'm looking forward to seeing it all made up.  :-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service