The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

Hey Sew Weekly Friends!

I've been thinking for a while about the Great Gatsby Summer Afternoon that Mena attends in September every year, and have created a bit of a plan for us Melbournians! It's a 1920s/1930s afternoon picnic celebrating the Great Gatsby and since Baz Lurhmann will be remaking the film here in Australia (in 3D?!) I thought I'd throw us a smaller yet similar affair to coincide with the Sew Weekly theme!

I particularly love Mena's round robin picture graph in selecting outfits last year, so get thinking about your 1920/1930s outfit, for a meet up on Sunday 11th September, and I was thinking of making an afternoon soiree at Madame Brussels in the city!

The plan will be to wear your completed outfit on that Sunday, and it'll be the theme the week after, and considering it's an older vintage of patterns, we may need a bit more prep time! I've only got 1 1930s pattern, and it looks super scary to sew!

What do you reckon about a meet up in 1930s style? Let me know who's in?!

xoxo

Views: 189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm there, can't wait. Brainstorming as I type, Yay!!!
YAYAYAY
I'd love too. Not 100% sure if i'll be in melboune on the sunday. Hope i can make it!
AWESOME Stacey! Fingers crossed you'll be in town, it's coming up soon and I haven't even chosen a 30s pattern yet! EEP
i dont even own a 30's pattern...
The 30s pattern I have was actually 1950, so I'm piecing together other patterns to get a 30s look... you should totally come along anyways! xoxo
Oooh, sounds fun, but I don't have any 30's patterns yet... will have to see what I can find!
It'd be great if you can make it! I've only got one 1930s pattern and it looks really difficult. . . maybe I'll look over etsy now!

Im not going to make it! A long time friend of my dad passed away last night and the funeral is on sunday.

Hope it's a lot of fun, post lots of pic's!

Oh sad weekend. Wishing you the best Stacey - we'll catch up one day I'm sure!
I don't think I'll be able to make it either, I'm afraid, I'm modelling in a MSFW runway show that day(whoop!), although I think the show may be around midday... but I will probably want to go home and sleep afterwards!
Yay hooray for MSFW! Have fun!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service