The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

I have taken the seamless pledge for 2012. You can do this too! Elena Cresci started this on her blog. Basically, I am not going to buy new RTW clothes for all of next year (you can choose how long you want to do this for!). I can make stuff, buy second hand items, ebay, charity shops, vintage etc but I will try super hard to avoid new things.

(Actually I don't think this will be too hard, I think I only bought a handful of items on 2011.)

Have you got any sewing resolutions for 2012?

Views: 682

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Such a good goal. But eeeeh , the not buying fabric is soooo hard, isnt it? hahahha [I am a fabric acholic,ha]

You are right Judy, I have only just twigged what Layla plans to do, that sounds super hard, I don't know if I could do that. Good luck Layla!

Good luck on your pledge.

I plan to slow down and do more complicated items... And craft too..

Thanks Rachel, you have done so much this year you can't possibly need any more! I like the idea of doing more complicated things. I am trying to slow down too, but not to do more complicated things, just to do the easy things better, if that makes sense xx

Totally agree...sweet Rachel has done wonderful.. Beautiful garments ,well made. and  love ,love,love the crafts..

And Charolette , so agree with you.. I too..want to  do things 'BETTER"..and enjoy sewing..Its a fun hobby, but if you make it  a chore...it loses its fun.. So girls...lets have fun in 2012...

Agree... And it was fun because we could share with wonderful people like you (all of you here)... Cheers to a new exciting year of sewing .

Cheers to that Judy and Rachel! Fun and exciting sewing in 2012, and another year of sewweekly friendship xxxx

I'd love to do the seamless pledge but I know I would never be able to stick with it.  When I get the shopping bug, it's all over!  But I really don't buy too much clothing, especially since I started sewing so much.

So my sewing New Year's resolution for 2012 is:

* Make at least 2 garments each month in following with the Sew Weekly themes. I know I'll probably make more than that, but I want to be realistic, and I want to focus on quality and doing things right.

* Participate in another seasonal palette challenge (ex. Colette's Spring Challenge) 

* Participate in another me-made/self-stitched challenge (ex. Self-Stitched September)

* Make more pants and tops - my closet is becoming overwhelmed by all of the dresses and skirts that I've made!

* Finish the quilt that I started earlier in the year.  If I don't commit to this, it's never going to get done!

That's it!  Until we ring in 2012, I'm working to make a dent in my stash before the end of 2011 so that I'll have space for my new sewing projects. :)

I like your pledge Christine, sounds well thought out and realistic. I too will try to join the seasonal palette challenge, that was a real lesson for me in 2011, actually planning and trying to make things that match rather than just flitting from item to item as I had previously.

Best of luck on the quilt! And I have never made trousers (pants) so I definitely need those - I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with,

Thanks Charlotte! I went back and looked at the resolutions that I made for this year, and I actually met all of my sewing goals (not so much for the cross-stitching... oops).

I found that I pushed myself the most when I was participating in the seasonal and me-made challenges.  I made the most items and tried the most new things - so I'm looking forward to them this year too! Good luck with your resolutions as well!!

Charolette, Great idea.. I havent made a resolution for 2012...but.... I have noticed that during 2011, I have bought very little RTW items..[even tshirts].. I will pick up something in the store, and think??? You dont need this..Why dont you make you something?? You will like it better..You have plenty of fabric..and first thing you know, i have talked myself out of it.  ha

I will think about my 2012 resolutions.. and post again later.

Happy sewing my buddy..

I usually talk myself out of it when I see the price! Cheap clothes cost almost nothing but I hate the lack of quality and the idea it won't last. Anything decent costs a fortune. All this sewing has completely spolit shopping for me!

I can't wait to see whar you come up with for a sewing resolution xxx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service