The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

I have been looking for a nice playsuit pattern to make for my trip to San Francisco this summer.   I was on Etsy the other day and found Simplicity 4338.  I fell in love with the style but not the $55 US price tag! :S Sheesh!

Isn't it gorgeous?!  I have been searching high and low but with no luck and I am hoping that my lovely Sew Weekly friends may be able to help me in Operation Playsuit.  If anyone knows where I can find this pattern (I am a vintage size 16, but am happy to grade) that would be great.  Alternatively, if you have this in your stash I would be more than willing to pay a 'rental fee' and postage both ways so that I can trace it.

Thanks so much!

Views: 216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are lovely, Cathe! Thank you!! $55 is waaayyy too much in my book - LOL!

Romper/Dress Pattern

Sarah, while this isn't the pattern above, it is a romper/dress pattern from McCalls that is part of their new collection.  If all else fails, maybe you could tweak a little to look like your vintage pattern?

Ooh, Meg! Thank you for the link. That is a cute pattern!

Hi Sarah! What a cute pattern.  This reminds me a lot of the vintage repro pattern from the Vintage Fashion Library:

http://www.vintagefashionlibrary.com/inc/sdetail/219/232  At least the bottom half is almost exactly the same (would just need to add cute little bows) and then maybe attach it to a more 50's inspired halter top?

Fabulous! *drool* :)

another play suit on ebay UK!

new listing, more a bra top and shorts.... cute though

check out the shorts and long socks look on the pattern envelope - not so cute ;0)

Cute bra top and shorts. The socks and long shorts? :S LOL!

Success (of a kind)! I can't thank everyone enough for their efforts on my behalf.  I just love this community! :D  I did have some playsuit success: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/47187543.  It's a lot different that the original, but I am smitten with the asymmetrical button placket. *sigh*

Now, do I sew it up in this or this? Both are in my stash.

Sarah, so proud you found one you liked. I love, love the pattern..[Even better than the first one].

I think I  would do the red /white polka dot..but I love RED  dot..I always choose red when given the choice,ha..  I like the other fabric too.[I actually bought it not long ago..

I just love asymmetrical patterns, I have a weird thing for them, good for you, your pattern is gorgeous! I vote both. Hummingbirds first, then spots.

I'm very happy you got what you wanted ;0)

just had a quick look, very cute, looking forward to seeing it made up. x x x
I'm so happy it all worked out. I have had no access to TSW and wondered where you would land. Love your latest pattern and both fabrics. I would be all over the hummingbirds but the red polka dots are so sweet too. You really can't go wrong with either!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service