Hey there lovely ladies!
A while back, a group of us took part in a world-travelling lace and notions swap, and had lots of fun bundling up goodies and sending them as a surprise to one of the other Sew Weekly sewing circle ladies. After the swap wrapped up, the idea was floated that we do something similar - this time with patterns! It feels like enough time has passed now, so.... who's up for another mystery swap?
The idea for this one is:
- Everyone who takes part will send a pattern to their swap partner. New or vintage - it's up to you.
- If you're keen to take part, email me your address and your measurements (bust, hip, waist) so I can pass these on to your swap partner (after all, they need to know what size pattern to hunt out for you, don't they?!)
- I'll take sign-ups for the swap until next Sunday (2 October)
- I'll then put all the names into a magic hat (aka a spreadsheet and random.org's number generator) and email you the name, address, measurements and Sew Weekly name for the person you're sending something to
- After that, we'll all have 2 weeks to find a pattern we think our swap partner would like and get it in the mail to them
- Once we all receive our swap pattern, we'll post it up on here (use the tag 'patternswap') so we can see what we all got!
- And then your challenge is to use that pattern - either as a separate challenge, or as part of a Sew Weekly challenge, whatever works for you. Then post the picture of your creation up on here, using the tag 'patternswap' again so we can all see them.
What do you think? Anyone keen?
I agree, super fast! I just bought the pattern I'm going to send, so I'll have to wait for it to be sent to me first... (but I bought it online from Swedish ebay so at least it doesn't have to travel the world twice).
This is super fun and I'm so exited!
Aha, lucky you! :) I thought I was going to be able to do the same, but after going through my patterns I realized that of all the ones that were more her size than mine, the only ones I could part with were not really her style. I decided to buy something instead, found the perfect one and bought it yesterday!
I almost think the giving part is better than the getting, I'm probably crazy but I've always been like that, starting to think about what to get my family for Christmas... in September. :) (But then again it's pretty nice to be done by first December when everyone else is just starting!)
I know, the whole thing is fab, I so enjoyed making my little parcel and picking a pattern. I am waiting excitedly to see if my girl likes it.
It is super fun finding out who sent to you though!
I like thinking about Christmas early too!
Yes I have sent Mr PB off to the post office today aswell.
I can not wait to see what everyone gets.
Will we be making a new forum to show off our goodies?