Hey there lovely ladies!
A while back, a group of us took part in a world-travelling lace and notions swap, and had lots of fun bundling up goodies and sending them as a surprise to one of the other Sew Weekly sewing circle ladies. After the swap wrapped up, the idea was floated that we do something similar - this time with patterns! It feels like enough time has passed now, so.... who's up for another mystery swap?
The idea for this one is:
- Everyone who takes part will send a pattern to their swap partner. New or vintage - it's up to you.
- If you're keen to take part, email me your address and your measurements (bust, hip, waist) so I can pass these on to your swap partner (after all, they need to know what size pattern to hunt out for you, don't they?!)
- I'll take sign-ups for the swap until next Sunday (2 October)
- I'll then put all the names into a magic hat (aka a spreadsheet and random.org's number generator) and email you the name, address, measurements and Sew Weekly name for the person you're sending something to
- After that, we'll all have 2 weeks to find a pattern we think our swap partner would like and get it in the mail to them
- Once we all receive our swap pattern, we'll post it up on here (use the tag 'patternswap') so we can see what we all got!
- And then your challenge is to use that pattern - either as a separate challenge, or as part of a Sew Weekly challenge, whatever works for you. Then post the picture of your creation up on here, using the tag 'patternswap' again so we can all see them.
What do you think? Anyone keen?
I have a question ? When we recieve our pattern swap packages, are we suppose to post pictures
of what we recieved or wait until , we use the pattern to post the garment?
I havent seen any postings of patterns , and I am sure some have recieved theirs. Thought I might be looking in the wrong places? I am anxious to start seeing the lovely patterns.. ha.
thanks for your help.. Happy Sewing all.
A photo of my parcel is now up on the site - it is lovely and I am very happy with it. I'm just worried about how quickly I can make some thing from the pattern - I'm well into my Christmas present sewing so need to get that finished first.
A big thanks to Kat for organising this.