The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

Okay this has nothing to do with a sewing challenge here at Sew Weekly but seriously Season 9 of Project Runway started on Thursday and not a peep from anyone...really?! What about the woman that has only been sewing for only 4months, or the guy that claims to be 100 (okay he was joking)?!

Personally I don't watch much TV although I hear the lycra men of Tour de France are worth watching...but I'm a junkie for Project Runway. Anyone else??? What did you think...?

Views: 830

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Glad to know I'm not the only one who didn't like the kimono inspired dress as well.  Normally, i like Anya, but I feel this would have worked better in a solid, to see all the details.  Just felt really busy to me and didn't seem to match the girl's personality.

I liked Victor's outfit, hated the red/black combo (what a missed opportunity).   Oh Oliver, yikes, his attitude, such a scared little thing.  Burt's looked cheap to me.  And as a winner, I really thought Josh's was kinda boring, and did NOT think the blue shoes helped.  Felt like an afterthought.

That being said, I loved the theme!  My husband would love to dress me, but I joke he would dress me like a hoochie if given the chance, hahaha.

I happen to work in reality tv (and have a friend that worked on this season on PR!) and yes, they absolutely cast for personality.  Would we really watch if not?  I don't think so.  Yep, Gretchen, her personality (love it or hate it) was a ratings gold mine, but she was a very capable designer.  I loved to watch it all unfold! 

Ugggh! Can I just say that this week's results were just more proof that it's all about drama? So irritated.
I so agree but I guess that's reality TV! We certainly see the uglier side of these personalities...and I don't think Anthony Ryan's was the worst, he was one of the nicer guys. I would have booted cry baby Josh so fast, with his sassy mouth and no idea of the styles of the 70's...oh come on! And Laura thinks Nina hates her so that's why she didn't win...please enough!
Josh is just a giant walking attitude with not so much to back it up.  Anthony Ryan wasn't that bad! So surprised by the result. I'm not looking forward to next week- challenges involving interpreting animals get so circusy!
Maybe if Josh gets the boot next week it will be more fun, I can only hope!
So totally agree... He is much tooooo old for his 'FIT  throwing"..
"I will not have it, Burt! I will not have it! '

Oh this last week killed me…what in the world. I don't believe any of these people deserve to go to fashion week!

And Bert…he made such a good turn around with his personality. Nothing like a graceful decline from project runway.

I can't view this video because it won't play in Canada, but here is the link to Project Runway All-Stars.  Starts November 3rd!

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway-all-stars/video/seas...

I've stopped watching. I just couldn't take the stupidity any more.  My daughter wants to finish watching them (she's 8). But UGGG.
As an aside,  the final 9 go to show at Fashion Week.  But we don't get to see who wins until afterward. So if you want to see what they do,  go here:  http://bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com/2011/09/project-runway-se...
Ahhh just completed final part 1... What happened??? Anya choked, Kimberly made ugly, Viktor's ego was out of control and I almost just preferred Josh....how can that be? And they all go to fashion week...wow, I'm shocked!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service