The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

A while back, I acquired a whole bunch of vintage patterns (yay!), a mix of styles from the 60's through to the 90's, and after going through them there are a few I don't want.  So then I thought, even if I don't want them, maybe some of the lovely Sewing Circle girls will?   I'm going to take some pics of some of them this weekend and post them on here - if you'd like any of them, let me know and I'll send them your way.  :-)   (Word of warning - some of them are VERY 1980's!  But maybe one of you can do something with them that I can't!)

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rachel - it's all yours!  :-)  If you message me your address I'll pop it in the mail to you.
thank you very much. Im happy to pay for the post.

Vogue 9222 - Very Easy Very Vogue pattern from 1985.

Size 8-10-12.  (Bust sizes 31.5, 32.5, 34 inches.)

Loose-fitting blouse (two lengths) has collar, dropped shoulders, shoulder pads, side hemline slits, and cap, short or long sleeves.  Narrow hem.  Pocket variation.

Butterick 3297 from 1985.

Size 6-8-10.  (Bust sizes 30.5, 31.5, 32.5 inches.

Variants A & B: loose-fitting blouse has shoulder pads, slightly extended shoulders and forward shoulder seams.  Short sleeves, or long sleeves with button cuffs.  Variant C is fitted through bust and has low cutaway armholes.  All three variants have notched collar, pockets and stitched hems.

This one actually looks like it's got some potential!  I'm just not really a shirt person, so if someone else wants it, they can have it.  :-)

Butterick 6377 from an unknown year (late 70's, very early 80's maybe, based on the pattern envelope?).

Size 8 (61cm waist).

Straight skirts four inches below mid-knee or in evening length, with straight waistband, back zipper and side hemline slit.  Variant A has side button trim.  C has mock welt trim.  Optional top-stitching.

And  now for a very 80's pattern!  Butterick 4721 from 1990.  (Ok, 90's, but still, it's got lots of those classic 80's elements to it, right?!)

Size 6-8-10.  (30.5, 31.5, 32.5 inch bust.)

Loose-fitting, slightly tapered dress (semi-fitted through waist), below mid-knee, has shoulder pads, front and back tucks, back slit and above elbow sleeves with stitched hems or long purchased trim.  Version B has bow and knot.  Versions B, C, D, E have self or contrast collar.  B, C, D have purchased trim.  C, D, E are double-breasted.

Pattern is still in factory folds and uncut.  Surely one of you can take this wee 80's classic and make it look good somehow, yes?

Kat, I actually owned this pattern back in the late 80's or early 90's.. and when it is made..

it is really cute..

Butterick 3954 from 1989.

Size 6-8-10 (30.5, 31.5, 32.5 inches).

Loose-fitting top has neck variations, mock neck bands and cap, short or long sleeves.  Narrow hem.  A, B, C: pullover.  D, E: mock front bands.  D: button pleat on sleeves.

This one is pretty, far to small for me though!

Another pattern wanting a new, loving home - Simplicity 7281 from 1986.

Size 6, 8, 10 (bust sizes 30.5, 31.5 32.5 inches).

Shirt, tip and pull-on pants or shorts.

Loose fitting shirt and pullover top have extended shoulders and shirt-tail hem.  Shirt with front button closing has yoke, collar, collar band, patch pocket and long sleeves pleated to buttoned cuffs.  Top has short sleeves.  Pants or shorts with yoke and top-stitched pockets have elastic and cord drawstring in waistline casings.  All garments have top-stitching.

Aaaah, so 80's......

Butterick 6578 from 1988.  Another oh-so-stylish 80's pattern, yes indeed.  

Size XS-S-M (sizes 6-14).

Jacket, dress, tunic, top, skirt, pants, scarf and tube.  (A whole wardrobe in one!  Yeah!)

Very loose-fitting, unlined, below hip jacket has dropped shoulders, shoulder pads and long sleeves.

Very loose-fitting, A-line, pullover dress, mid-knee, tunic above mid-knee or top has back neck slit with button/loop, dropped shoulders, shoulder pads and long sleeves.

Straight skirt, above mid-knee or tapered pants have elastic waist.  All have mock bands and stitched hems.

Double layer scarf can be worn around neck or waist.

Single layer tube (narrow hem) can be worn on head or around waist.

So, anyone want a pattern for an 80's capsule wardrobe??

Unfortunately, there's no way I'd ever fit into any of these now.  Wish I could and thanks for the offer!   

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service