The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

A while back, I acquired a whole bunch of vintage patterns (yay!), a mix of styles from the 60's through to the 90's, and after going through them there are a few I don't want.  So then I thought, even if I don't want them, maybe some of the lovely Sewing Circle girls will?   I'm going to take some pics of some of them this weekend and post them on here - if you'd like any of them, let me know and I'll send them your way.  :-)   (Word of warning - some of them are VERY 1980's!  But maybe one of you can do something with them that I can't!)

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's the first one that needs a new home (if anyone even wants it, that is!)

Butterick 6405 from 1992.

It's a complete wardrobe pattern - jacket, skirt, shorts and trousers.  Size 6-8-10.

Semi-fitted, lined, below hip jacket with notched collar, shoulder pads, welt pockets, side panels, no side seams and long, two-piece effect sleeves with button trim.

Semi-fitted straight skirt, above mid-knee, waistband, back zipper, hemline slit.

Wide-legged, cuffed shorts, above mid-knee, or slightly tapered pants have waistband, carriers, front pleats, side front pockets and mock fly zipper.

If you want it, post below and let me know.  :-)

Pattern number 2 - Butterick 6906 from the 1980's.

Size 8-10-12.

Once again, if you want it, just let me know.  :-)

Pattern number 3 - Butterick 3326  from 1994.

Wrap skirt, above mid-knee variations or lower  calf, has contour waist, right front extending into tie ends, pleated left tie end and narrow hem.  Wrong side shows on tie ends.

Size XS-S-M

If you want it, let me know.  :-)  (Please only say you want these patterns if you think you're actually going to use them though!)

hello Kat, just to say I think you are very kind and thoughtful.... I can't use your patterns because I am too fat, oops, I mean curvy, but  it is a great idea...

Most of these are too small for me, too!  I got a box of around 40 patterns for really cheap, so I'm just going to grade the ones that I liked.  :-)
Kat, that is absolutely so nice of you.. Wish I could use that size.. but ....old age and tooo many cookies fixed that..ha Thankyou for your thoughtfullness.

And another pattern - Simplicity 5328  from 1981.

Size 10.

Blouse or tunic have button front, collar, dropped shoulders and long set-in sleeves with elastic wrist casing forming self-ruffle.  

Vest has shawl collar, extended shoulders and snap front closing

Skirt gathered to waistband has back zipper and pockets in side seams.

Let me know if you'd like it and will use it!  :-)

And another - Butterick 6794 from 1993.

Size 6-8-10.

Fitted, slightly tapered dress, has slightly extended shoulders, shoulder pads, mock bands and and short or long sleeves with stitched hems.  Style B has side slits.  Style C has back zipper and back hemline slit.

Anyone want it?  Free to a good home where it can be used and loved and hopefully turned into something that looks a lot better than the photos on the pattern envelope!  ;-)

Style 3010 from 1980.

Size 8 (61cm waist).

Skirt variations with side slits and button fastenings.

Basically a nice, simple skirt pattern (although quite a small size).  Free to a good home.  :-)

Butterick 5852 from, well, it doesn't say when, sadly.  Or nowhere that's easy to find, anyway!

Size 8  (80cm bust).

Semi-fitted, unlined jacket has pointed collar and lapel, shaped patch pockets, self drawstring waistline, shaped hem-line, two-piece effect sleeves and topstitch trim.

Simplicity 8141 from 1996.

Size HH (sizes 6-12).  

Slim skirts with back zipper.  Variations - back slit, waistband, raised waistline without waist band.  In three lengths (knee, ankle and mini).

Another reasonably good basic skirt pattern (I draft my own skirt patterns, so would never use one of these so it's pointless having it hanging around in my stash!).  Looks like it's still an uncut pattern, even!

if this doesnt have a home, I would like to have it please.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service