The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

Hey Guys,

I'm late in getting the newsletter out so I wanted to give you a heads-up on the theme for next week. We're getting our inspiration from television characters (of the past and present).  Here's a good list for inspiration:

http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/03/02/100-most-memorable-female-tv-char...

And as tempting as it might be, try to refrain from using Mad Men. :) We'll have a Mad Men challenge later in the year and I don't want it to be *too* easy right now. 

Views: 124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh yes you did, and because of this discussion "we" have decided you must base your next outfit around Wonder Woman!
i have the wonder woman gold cuff if you need it!

Hi Mena..

Does the challenge have to be one of the 100 ladies listed there..OR  can it be another tv character?? I was thinking Olivia Walton [really love her dresses and the show too]. But I didnt see her on there?? thanks,Judy

Oh the Waltons, such a fab programme.
I looked the list over and I have to say not having Olivia Walton represented is a big miss. That show was watched by so many people and was on the air for such a long time. I even remember the first episode, the Christmas special. One of my favorite sayings/words came from that show "piss ant"! Judy I just think you have to represent Olivia in this challenge! I'm counting on you!
I just got a chuckle.. I too..remember her saying,"piss ant"... I think , I have made my decision..I think Olivia Walton,it will be...thanks for helping me decide..
Yea! Olivia is represented!
I'm sad not to be doing the challenge this week, as I'm going away for a couple of days at Easter to visit relatives in the North of England.  So, it's a week off for me, though I have been doing this from the start, which I now realise is 4 months, so I am just about due a holiday.  I am, however, paying a visit to the Northern Quarter in Manchester, a hotbed of creativity and ideas, so I hope to bring some photos back instead of what's, 'hip and happening' in the design world at the moment (sound like some cheesy radio dj don't I!).   
I'm glad you guys are having fun with this one. I have to say that picking just one character was really hard! I believe we're going to have to have another tv challenge later this year!

This is really really really fun if you grew up on British tv: this is for the UK ladies, on my list I have:

Hi-de-hi's Sue Pollard

On the Buses

Julie Goodyear in Corrie

Margot in the Good Life (actually a contender)

Miss Brahms in Are You Being Served

Ab Fab

Renee's Wife in Allo Allo

The Avengers (but I haven't go a pattern for a leather catsuit)

I'm afraid I didn't get all the American ones, I have seen the Waltons though! x

If I was doing this week, it would have been Hilda Ogden - another excuse for a pinny, the crossover variety this time ... (what fun I could have had with that photo!)

oh how fab - I could do a great Stan!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service