The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

Hi Ladies!

I don't know about the rest of you but I am really rather jealous over the UK meet-up. I was thinking it would be great to have a meet-up for those of us in New England...possibly having it in New York as that would really be appropriate. I live in RI...is there anyone else even close to me? If you know any bloggers not involved in the Sew Weekly in this area let me know so I can ask them, too!

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh this sounds great, hubby is heading off to Saratoga springs then on to NYC and I'm looking for a great reason to tag along - I'm going to keep an eye out for what date you pick and I may come over! :D
When is he going?
I spoke to him last night about it, he probally won't be going now until October time :( so if you have another one round about then I'm going to try work something out. I really want to visit our friends in Saratoga and see NYC. FYI I live in Scotland, ;)
It would be awesome to get Peter on board! And not only because it would be helpful to have someone who knows the area. Thanks for the tip about FIT...I knew the exhibitions are free, but I had no idea what was up there.

Sounds like fun. I don't know if I can do both, but in my mind it looks like the Met isn't too far away from the Garment District either.  I'm REALLY wanting to see the McQueen exhibit as a fan.  I'm told the Met admission is more of a 'suggestion' and you can pay what you can afford?  

Either way, I'll be there and then the Garment District on Friday the 17th, so that's my vote.  I'm coming in from Atlanta for a few days to visit a friend.

So if we really want to get serious about this, I need to know sort of generally when everyone is free this summer.
try picking some dates and set up a doodle @ doodle.com. It works well for this kind of thing.
I'm crazy busy until the end of June, but I'd love to come down to NYC even for a day or two.  I'm sure I can find a way.  Can someone with a bit more web savvy than me set up a poll of everyone's free time?
That would not be me, haha!

OK I set up a doodle poll with two possible weekends...not that we would spend the whole weekend, but that way we can figure out what sorts of days are better for everyone. If none of these work, let me know here.

http://doodle.com/cagwfhy97m8463aa

RSS

© 2020   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service