The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

Here's a space to introduce yourself .

Views: 3645

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi! My name is Stacy Burnett. I am a homeschooling mother of 5. My kids are 18, 16, 15, 8 and 5. 3 boys and 2 girls. I just started my sewing journey at the end of March 2012 when I FINALLLLLLY received a sewing machine for my Bday. I took off at a run and haven't stopped. I am having a blast!! I just wish all the kids would let me sew for them. LOL So far just my youngest 2 have appreciated it. ;)

Welcome Stacy, I wish you lots of fun and  excitement in your new found love of sewing, and I know how you feel lol I been sewing for 4+ yrs now and still yet to have my  kids let me sew of them lol the closes es i got is sewing for my 2 yr old granddaughter lol she don't complain lol . wishing you lots of luck and welcome

LOL!! Thank you, Andrea!!!

My teenage daughter has decided that she will let me make her a purse.... LOL We'll see how long that lasts!! LOL

Hi Sewers!  My name is Shelley, and I live in SoCal.  I've sewed nearly forever (my Mom kept doll outfits I designed and sewed by hand before I was old enough to go to school).  Through high school and college and for a decade after, I sewed a substantial portion of my casual and work clothes.  Sewing over the past few years has been very unfocused--mostly repairs, alterations, and necessities (curtains, blinds, dog beds, etc).  Pretty boring stuff--I let life take over.  I want to sew for the joy of sewing again - for the joy of creation with all its pin pricks and frustrations.  

I glad to join this community.  I'm hoping the external deadline of the challenges will help focus the small amount of time I have to sew in a more productive way.  Even if I don't sew every challenge, I will sew more than I've sewn for years!  Seems a worthwhile endeavor.  OK, now I'm off to finish up my dress for our anniversary dinner tonight (in the enormous 1 hour 50 minutes I have to sew).  Time...time....time!

Welcome to sew weekly Shelley..  Hope you have as much fun, as I have.. Happy sewing.

Welcome Kim.. Hope you have lots of fun on SW.. Happy sewing.

Hi everyone,

My name is Ndidi and I'm new to all of this! The fashions, the sewing.  I literally took up sewing a month ago when I went to an intensive 'learn how to sew' sewing class and since then I've made two really cook outfits for my 17month old daughter and I'm on a roll :) I noticed this is an American website, I'm from the UK myself and I wish we had a community hub such as this that you guys seem to have accross the atlantic. 

As well as wanting to participate in these activities in order to up my skills, I do have another agenda: I want to open a small business selling children't clothes and wanted to know if anyone can recommend efficient and trustworthy sewing contractors...?

Thank you all for reading - I look forward to your responses.

Hi Ndidi,

Welcome to sew weekly.. Hope you have a great time sewing.. I have enjoyed and learned

so many new things here, and  have made lots of friends.. Happy sewing.

Hi Im Chrissy I am 26 and a young mom to a handsome little 5 yr old name James,  we currently live in Ohio. I literally just signed up for sew weekly minutes ago after reading a review somewhere on a blog. I am always a member of burdastyle.com I am extremely new to sewing. I've owned a sewing machine for about a year but have not really  played around with it to much. I've only sewed to items before and thats a pair of bloomer shorts and a overnight cotton bag. I want to learn more about sewing but can not find the right resources or supportive community to help me with my new found love for sewing as a hobby I would like to make garments some day but I am no where near that goal lol. I am looking forward to talking and getting to know all of you  and hopefully I'll learn alot.

Hi!  My name is Nicole and  I live in Mountain View, CA (the very heart of Silicon Valley) where I am a part-time faculty member at a local community college (I teach biology and biotechnology), and a part-time stay-at-home mom to two boys, ages (almost) 7 and (almost) 2.  It kills me to see beautiful clothing at places like Boden, which are so simple to make (and so expensive to buy!) yet I haven't made the leap to only wearing me-made clothing, mostly because I just don't have time.  I've been making my own patterns lately and it's been fun to work out the construction of more complicated pieces.  I document my projects at my website, www.nicoleathome.com.  

Hi Nicole, welcome to sew weekly..Look forward to seeing your sewing items.. Hope you enjoy SW , as much as I have.. Happy sewing.

Hello!

I'm Meraj, a 20-year-old studying and working in Toronto, Ontario (in Canada). I started to sew clothes as a preteen, but it's only in the last year and especially the last few months that my sewing has really picked up -- probably because I finally discovered sewing blogs this spring! That's partly why I joined the Sew Weekly; it seems like a good way to get inspiration as well as meet other people who sew.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service