The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

Here's a space to introduce yourself .

Views: 3851

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll start. 

My name is Mena Trott and I began The Sew Weekly in January 2010 as a way of documenting my yearlong sewing challenge -- to only sew my wardrobe for one year. I loved doing it so much that I want to help as many folks as possible get into sewing (especially using vintage supplies). 

Almost ten years ago I started a blogging company (Six Apart) that is now Say Media. We still make TypePad, which is what powers The Sew Weekly. I have a three-year old daughter named Penelope and am mostly a stay-at-home mom.

Hi! My name is Bethany Pearson. I live in Simi Valley, CA. I am a continuous fashion design student who used to fear the sewing machine. I sewed everything by hand up until last June.

I am a proud 1st time Mommy to Mary-Elizabeth, who is 10 months old. I have been married to my nerdy, loving husband for almost 5 years. I work 2 days a week as a bridal consultant at our local hometown bridal shop. I love making brides feel beautiful.

My mom and I started a blog called Lil' Bit & Nan just right after my daughter was born last Spring 2010. Mary-Elizabeth is my motivation for my creations. I want her to be proud of her Mommy's talents.

Welcome Bethany! Ever since your email, I've been following your blog! Thanks for joining.
Wow! Thanks Mena! It is such an honor to have you follow me. Thank you So much!

Im Stacey, I have a blog called thelittletaylor. I starded my blog as i just loved the community, people around the wourld sharing their passion, and ideas. Also because I have just moved into a bigger place and I'm now able to sew comfortably, it was a bit had in a small studio unit where the kitchen bench is the sewing table/pattern layout table/ironing board.... Now I have a full room just for sewing!

I currently live in Australia and love to sew. I live with my boyfriend and soon, hopefuly, a puppy. I started sewing in 1999 at high school were i made a dress for the formal dance and was hooked.

Look forward to hearing form more of you.

Welcome Stacey! I'm so glad TSW inspired you to start your blog.

Hi, my name is Debbie.  I am a stay-at-home mum with 2 beautiful daughthers - 11 & 7.  I have been sewing on and off since I  was a teenager, doing mainly crafty stuff and quilts.  Over the past two years I have been learning (on the go) about sewing lycra costumes for the two little dancers in my life!

I discoverd Sew Weekly towards the end of last year, and have loved reading about Mena's amazing creations.  This has also led me to do a LOT of blog surfing lately.  I am truely amazed and inspired by all the wonderfully talented sewers out there. 

My goal this year is to do a lot of sewing (for me), and I am going to try and keep up with the Sew Weekly challenges.  Thank you for your inspiration, and for providing a forum for what I believe will be an amazing community!

Welcome Debbie,

I'm also amazed at the number and quality of blogs out there. Very inspirational and great motivators!

Hi Stacey - If you know of any blogs you can recommend, pls let me know!

Hi Debbie, I just recently discovered this site too (and so many excellent blogs out there as well) and have the same goal as you do -  to do a lot of sewing, learning, and taking part in these amazing challenges! SEE YOU AROUND! -Hattie

Hi, I'm Kat!  I'm from Wellington, New Zealand (where it is currently summer, so I get to make lots of summer dresses, yay!).  :-)

I really got into sewing about 15 years ago, when I got completely fed up with never finding clothes with long enough arms or legs (I'm quite tall, and everything was a good 2-8cm too short).  These days, I am so hooked on sewing that I suffer from separation anxiety when either my sewing machine or my overlocker has to go into the shop.  (Sadly, this means they don't get serviced nearly as often as they probably should!)

I work full-time in Customer Experience Research for Kiwibank here in Wellington; I live in a 120-year-old cottage in a nearly-inner-city-suburb with two flatmates and my boyfriend and our two cats; I have far too much 'stuff', especially fabric, and have sadly already failed my 'buy no new fabric' resolution for 2011 twice already.  Oops.

I have a passion for 1950's style, and am working on making a collection of 1950's dresses.  One day I may figure out how to be more of a morning person so I can dress 'properly' 1950's complete with make up and carefully styled hair.  One day.

Hello Neighbor,

I have the opposite problem with clothes... Most of my store bought clothes are from the kids department! When it comes to formal/casual dresses kids stuff is just too 'kiddie'

120 year old cottage sounds sooo cute!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service