The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

I don't think we do halloween in the UK like you do in the US. It's basically kids (under 10 years old) dressed up a witches and ghosts. That's kind of it. We might also carve a pumpkin, although this is a new idea, when I was young we just carved a swede (!).

So I would love to know your thoughts on what you have made in the past for halloween and what we could be aiming at for the upcoming challenge..........

Views: 628

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tee hee! I knew I'd get you with that one Judy: it is a long running children's tv programme on the BBC (British tv channel) that has been on since the 50s I think. It is famous for a bit of the show where they would make something out of old yogurt pots and so on (usually a present for mother's day or something like a pen pot for father's desk!) - so what I was saying to Diane was that she was making something using bits and pieces from the house.... there isn't a British person who doesn't know Blue Peter!

Glad you are chuffed... I'm off to my stool of do nothing with a cuppa now xx

Don't forget the Sticky Back plastic!

Actually I've found a good use for it - make your own oilcloth for waterproof coats and bags

Thought you might all like this photo from today!

You look great - especially like the shoes with it. 
Fantastic, Love!!!!!!!
Love it... You are just perfect!!!
Great dress and perfect background for halloween shoot...

A couple of years ago my daughter's school had a Harry Potter day followed by a disco/party in the evening.  For day wear I made her a scholar's gown with wand pocket & a tie because her dad doesn't own any stripy ones.

and for the evening I made her a 'Fluffy' costume.

By the way I have actually made a pumkin pie, the receipe I used came out almost the same as mincemeat! which we thoroughly enjoyed.

These costumes are great!

I love pumpkin pie, roasted pumpkin seeds and pumpkin soup! And of course a carved jack-o-lantern!

I love what you have done there - particularly the fluffy outfit, inspired!

I love halloween, but never was invited to a halloween party in college...this is the first year since high school that I've got somewhere to go! Most 20-30 somethings in the US go out to bars, because they have special deals if you're dressed up or go to parties, if you're a bit more nerdy.

The one I'm going to is HP themed, so I didn't even really have to decide what to make, the decision was made for me!

Glad someone has already mentioned Harry Potter, is that what HP means? Otherwise the theme is brown sauce......

RSS

© 2020   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service