The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

I don't think we do halloween in the UK like you do in the US. It's basically kids (under 10 years old) dressed up a witches and ghosts. That's kind of it. We might also carve a pumpkin, although this is a new idea, when I was young we just carved a swede (!).

So I would love to know your thoughts on what you have made in the past for halloween and what we could be aiming at for the upcoming challenge..........

Views: 673

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fantastic, Love!!!!!!!
Love it... You are just perfect!!!
Great dress and perfect background for halloween shoot...

A couple of years ago my daughter's school had a Harry Potter day followed by a disco/party in the evening.  For day wear I made her a scholar's gown with wand pocket & a tie because her dad doesn't own any stripy ones.

and for the evening I made her a 'Fluffy' costume.

By the way I have actually made a pumkin pie, the receipe I used came out almost the same as mincemeat! which we thoroughly enjoyed.

These costumes are great!

I love pumpkin pie, roasted pumpkin seeds and pumpkin soup! And of course a carved jack-o-lantern!

I love what you have done there - particularly the fluffy outfit, inspired!
Glad someone has already mentioned Harry Potter, is that what HP means? Otherwise the theme is brown sauce......
HP sauce - my thoughts exactly! :)
Oh boy, I thought it was Hewlett-Packard as in computers, I like Harry Potter better!

Halloween is hard! I live in a new town again this year so i'm not sure how much people trick or treat! My mum gets hundreds where she lives but she never dresses up. She decorates the house though.

I always like doing more of an Autumn theme for Halloween. I like having a pumpkin and gourd table display with some dark red leaves, making hot cider and snuggling up and staying in. We could have a party though as its the first year we have a place of our own!

I bought a beautiful pumpkin coloured cardigan yesterday so I think I should make something I can wear with it. I think maybe a tunic of some kind? The sort of thing you wear with tights and boots on a chilly day. It kind of depends whats in the stash.

Wow Stevie, it all sounds amazing. Can't wait to see what you do x
Blue Peter is legendary, compulsory viewing for all UK pre-teens ever since the 1960's - or may even by 50's! The 'Blue Peter' is the name of a flag and it always appears at the start of this children's programme, on a sailing ship. It is always live, and there are many hilarious 'out-takes' from it, as it featured animals on a regular basis (alongside the 'pets' that were on every week - usually two dogs and a cat - 'Get down Shep!'). Sometimes there was a 'make' on there and the presenters always had shaky hands so they usually had, 'one I prepared earlier'. Every Christmas, they do a tinsel covered, 'Advent Crown' ... I'm sure there'll be loads more discussion on this thread ...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service