The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

I don't think we do halloween in the UK like you do in the US. It's basically kids (under 10 years old) dressed up a witches and ghosts. That's kind of it. We might also carve a pumpkin, although this is a new idea, when I was young we just carved a swede (!).

So I would love to know your thoughts on what you have made in the past for halloween and what we could be aiming at for the upcoming challenge..........

Views: 628

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I once dressed up as a Christmas Tree at a college fancy dress party.  I made it out of green satin, cut into loads of pennant shaped points with baubles attached to the ends ... wish I had a photo of it!
I think we all wish you had a photo of that to share x
rofl
"Vicars and Tarts" makes me think of Rose in Keeping Up Appearances.
Oh I love Keeping up with Apperances, and I would agree!

Here you go, my daughter as a butterfly, I think she was 7 years old…

Oh.how adorable..

gorgeous! wow amazing pumpkins!

How fabulous she looks, I get it now. What a lovely smile she has. I expect she is happy because her lovely Mummy has made her a gorgeous butterfly outfit. Great wings!

Your pumpkins are of a much higher standard than ours too!

Charlotte, great forum post. I love Halloween .... I cannot have enough of costumes and Martha stewards web page have a great selection of costumes for adults.

http://www.marthastewart.com/275248/homemade-halloween-costumes-for...
Usually teens/college students will dress up and if they don't go the slutty route (nurses, cats, etc.) they try and go as something silly and ironic. I've had friends dress up as a soda machine, a dirty laundry bag and white trash (a dress made from a white garbage bag).
I've just had a thought, if week 24th October is Halloween the the following week must be BONFIRE NIGHT! Whoopie!!!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service