The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

Resources and Such (265)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Serger.

I am in the midst of buying a serger and I do not know which one to pick. My choices are between the Brother 1034D or the Janome 3434D. I…

Started by Tiny Ruiz

7 Mar 21, 2012
Reply by Tiny Ruiz

Book recommendations

Hi everyone!  I'm new to the site, but have been sewing for 20+ years. My mother taught me when I was young by having me sit with her next…

Started by Amalia

2 Mar 16, 2012
Reply by Amalia

Sewing machines: which one?

Hi, I've just moved and I need to buy a new sewing machine and I need help! For funny reasons I have to make a choice between a Singer 8280…

Started by Marta Del Bianco

0 Mar 15, 2012

Storage of patterns

Do you make muslins? How do you store your patterns? I live in a tiny flat and organisation is key! Just wondering how you file your patter…

Started by Kimberley-Marie Sklinar

6 Mar 15, 2012
Reply by Melissa

FBA to Simplicity 2248

I'm using Simplicity 2248 for one of the challenges. It's got princess seams (which I LOVE) but they're constructed kinda funny. The patter…

Started by Tina Crossgrove

5 Mar 9, 2012
Reply by Tina Crossgrove

New toys!

new sewing toys arrived this morning.  Clover mini iron, clover sliding gauge and 2 raja pressing clothes.  Any-one else own these and what…

Started by Sarah Day

0 Mar 8, 2012

Wovens or knits?

My IRL sewing friends and I have been discussing this and I wanted to get a broader perspective.   Half of my sewing friends sew with knit…

Started by Leimomi Oakes - The Dreamstress

17 Mar 6, 2012
Reply by Sandra H.

Fabric Question

I'm making my first foray into using vintage patterns. The package for the dress I have (it's a Prominent Designer pattern) says to use "Sh…

Started by Tina Crossgrove

1 Mar 5, 2012
Reply by Leimomi Oakes - The Dreamstress

Looking for a pattern for my version of MTL!

Hello everyone! It has been awhile! I fell away from sewing for a bit, college has consumed the entirety of my life but I am starting to f…

Started by Lyrissa

1 Mar 1, 2012
Reply by Tina Crossgrove

Patterns for big boobs!

Helloooo, this is my first post - so hi there :) I wondered if anyone has any recommended patterns that are easy to change for my stupid 3…

Started by Kimberley-Marie Sklinar

2 Feb 20, 2012
Reply by Joann

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service