The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

Resources and Such (265)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How much is too much? Pattern splurges

I have done a Very Bad Thing. I have coveted a vintage pattern that was quite expensive. It's a 1930s dress pattern. I really like it. So…

Started by charlotte tilley

63 Mar 31, 2011
Reply by Judy Roberson

What's your sewing achilles heel?

Do you have a technique that gives you issues every time you try it? Or a weakness for a certain type of garment or fabric that just drives…

Started by Sarah Gabbart

38 Mar 29, 2011
Reply by Jennilee Cookman

Lovely textural wool fabrics where are you now?

Having seen some far too lovely woven wool fabric at the Country Living fair on saturday I thought I would hunt the www for some that would…

Started by claire banbury

3 Mar 29, 2011
Reply by charlotte tilley

What's your sewing soundtrack?

Hello I'm Sarah and I'm addicted to Hoarders and sewing. At the same time. I love to stream a TV show on my laptop and sew away! It boggles…

Started by Sarah Gabbart

23 Mar 28, 2011
Reply by Sarah Gabbart

How long is too long?

Ok - how long is too long to spend trying to get something just right, or to take a garment from "ugly or ordinary" to something a little b…

Started by Debbie

12 Mar 27, 2011
Reply by Judy Roberson

How do you store your fabrics?

After all the useful tips for pattern storing, I am sure there can be fabric storing tricks that we can share.   My inner librarian loves t…

Started by Elisa Edgren

8 Mar 27, 2011
Reply by Cathe

Cutting out patterns

Personally I hate cutting out patterns. It seems to me that there has got to be a better way than pinning the tissue to the fabric and cutt…

Started by Cathe

11 Mar 27, 2011
Reply by Cathe

Dressmakers Mannequin

Hi, I am thinking of buying a dressmakers mannequin (the one I have is a friend's).  I would love an old fabric one, but they are difficult…

Started by Debbie

14 Mar 27, 2011
Reply by Cathe

What's your go to pattern?

Do you have a tried and true pattern? One that you have made again and again? I don't have one yet, but my top pattern from this week is tu…

Started by Sarah Gabbart

14 Mar 27, 2011
Reply by Cathe

Your "Uh oh!" Moment

I have had quite a few sewing "Ah HA!" moments in my life, but usually they come after the "Uh oh" moment - that time when your brain kicks…

Started by Sarah Gabbart

25 Mar 26, 2011
Reply by Cathe

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service