The Sew Weekly Sewing Circle

Resources and Such (265)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Limited range of motion issue with this 'blue' challenge

So, for the blue challenge I'm making a long sleeved dress out of rayon. I have everything pretty much well and done, but the sleeves are r…

Started by Emma Simuns

2 Dec 20, 2012
Reply by Kelly B.

Online Fabric Stores/ Where do you browse

What are some of your fav online fabric sites?  I can never find anything that I really like or a price that I am willing to pay.  I am bor…

Started by Aiesha Morris

5 Nov 12, 2012
Reply by Tammy K

Your ideas and recommendations needed

I will be making Simplicity 5876 (a 30's bias cut dress) this week or the next, and I would like other sewer's recommendations on how to do…

Started by Kelly B.

2 Oct 30, 2012
Reply by Kelly B.

Sewing Bottoms for a Curvy Frame

Hello everyone! I'm going to be tackling bottoms for the first time. Up top, I'm average, so I've never made pattern adjustments for busts…

Started by Laeh J

3 Oct 18, 2012
Reply by Laeh J

Wiggle Dress

Hi all.... I am looking for a vintage, or vintage style Wiggle Dress pattern. Also interested in a Sarong dress.... 50's style, very Polyne…

Started by Retro Ruthie

2 Sep 17, 2012
Reply by Retro Ruthie

Patterns for Trade

Hey everybody, I just added a Trade page to my blog. I've been thinking lately how a lot of the patterns I have sit unused. I also tend to…

Started by Emma Simuns

0 Sep 10, 2012

Retro Video - Simplicity 1948

Hi all Came across this video yesterday and wanted to share. Apologies in advance if this is a repost. I love it. It's so quaint and daggy…

Started by Josie DG

2 Aug 26, 2012
Reply by Kat

Hemming

Just out of interest, how do you like to hem? Double fold, with seam binding, with bias binding or another way? I'm thinking about how I'm…

Started by Charlotte Dymock

12 Aug 6, 2012
Reply by Melanie Anderson

Pattern Search for J.Crew Altuzarra Sabrina Dress

Hi there! I was looking for a pattern or something similar for the Sabrina dress by J.Crew. The bottom portion is a straight skirt, but I c…

Started by SuzieQ

2 Aug 3, 2012
Reply by SuzieQ

Help to Turn a Plain T-Shirt into Something New :)

Essentially I need help with editing a T-Shirt please. I have an American Apparel unisex XL T-shirt that I would like to add a boat necklin…

Started by R.J

2 Jul 23, 2012
Reply by Devra Goldberg

RSS

© 2024   Created by Mena Trott.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service